Created in 1936, the law firm Frôté & Partner SA has from its outset acquired importance in Biel/Bienne because of its activity in all areas of law, its bilingualism, its catchment area in the cantons of Bern, Neuchâtel and Solothurn as well as its rapidly developing network of contacts.
Composed today of a team of about thirty people including about twenty lawyers (attorneys, notaries, tax expert), Frôté & Partner SA operates at a local, regional and international level.
Frôté & Partner SA has grown in particular through the opening of new offices, in addition to its office in Biel/Bienne, in Neuchâtel in 2000 and then in Solothurn in 2009. Moreover, it was one of the first law firms in Switzerland, in 2008, to be constituted as a company limited by shares. It has also been able to create a solid network of relations, particularly in domains such as intellectual property or business economics and more particularly in the areas of administrative services with the company F&P Services SA and financial management with the company Schoeb Frôté SA.
The size of the law firm, its multilingualism as well as its network of partners and relations allow it to have a great flexibility in the treatment of mandates.
Rigorous in terms of ethics, Frôté & Partner SA values the fact of being independent of any economic, political or social group. This independence, as well as the absolute discretion associated with professional secrecy, represent decisive advantages.
Lawyers & Notaries
Notary - Attorney-at-Law
Frôté & Partner SA
Tel +41 32 722 17 00
Fax +41 32 722 17 07
Mr. Jean-Patrice Hofner, who was born in Basel in 1947, obtained the Canton of Neuchâtel license to practice as a lawyer in 1975 and the Neuchâtel license to practice as a notary in 1978. He has had his own law practice in Couvet since 1977 and has worked in partnership with Mr. Vincent Codoni, a notary, since 1994.
In June 2009 the law firm Hofner & Codoni partnered with Frôté & Partner SA in their work as notaries.
Mr. Jean-Patrice Hofner is registered with the Neuchâtel register of notaries.
- Licensed to practice as a notary of the Canton of Neuchâtel
- Admission to the bar of the Canton of Neuchâtel
- Degree in law awarded by the University of Neuchâtel
- Real estate transfers
- Commercial law
- Successions, wills and notarized documents relating to inheritance
- Marriage contracts
- Vice-President of the Conseil Notarial du canton de Neuchâtel
- President of the Fleurier Quality Foundation (Haute Horlogerie watch-making certification) www.fqf.ch
- President of the WOSTEP Foundation, Watchmakers of Switzerland training and educational program www.wostep.ch
- President of the Andrée Jéquier Foundation (grants for studies and research) www.andree.jequier.ch
- President of the Jean-Daniel Grandjean Foundation (support for children of third world countries)